-by use of advanced electrical test, data acquisition and data analysis
One of DSE core competencies during 30 years is functional testing of PCBA. The PCBA is stimulated with electrical signals and the response is measured and analyzed.
We have an impressive knowledge and experience of “best practice” with design and manufacturing of stable and durable Turnkey Test Systems, based on modular elements.
We are pleased to share our knowledge for “Design for testability of PCBA’s” to help you optimize your design for production. Just give us a call.
A PCBA Test system from DSE
When design and manufacturing a turnkey PCBA test system, we analyze your requirement for:
- Level of automation & integration into production line
- PCBA fixture kit customized to the actual PCBA
- Test and measurement instrumentation and data acquisition
- Signal integrity and inter cabling
- Software platform and test sequencies
- Safety for operator
Benefits in a PCBA Test System made by DSE
- Then making a PCBA Test System we build it to fit into your requirements using a well proven software and hardware platform.
- We always go for the smartest solution to your test need.
- The test project is kept within range of timeline and budget.
- Documentation is more than adequate, so then ownership of the test system is being transferred, change of operator is easy and straight forward.
Fixtures to go into a PCBA Test System
The choice of fixture is based upon factors like ergonomics, manual/automatic operations, single/double testing, exchangeable cassettes, turn able tables, RF applications, economy and interface-options.
When customizing the fixture to the actual PCBA, DSE also advice about the choice of test-probes, regarding demands for mechanical size, tip style, spring load and travel, current, frequency, plating or type of termination… we will find the optimal solution.
The PCBA test systems are designed and manufactured according to relevant regulatory requirements, safe to use, and delivered with full documentation and CE certification.
What is a PCBA Test?
A PCBA test is a test of a circuit board after it has been assembled with components in order to secure the board is flawless and has correct functionality. The type of test is typically a functional test and the circuit board is typically referred to as “device under test” = “DUT”.
How do you make a PCBA Test?
The test is performed by adding stimuli to the DUT, and then measure the response. The response must be within predefined limits, and is used to classify the DUT as passed or failed. All measurements are stored in a database for traceability and performance analyses (CP, CPK, FPY). The test is normally performed in a PCBA test fixture.
Are there different types of PCBA Tests?
There are quite a few types of test methods. The most used is the Functional test but also Burn – In test, JTAG Boundary Scan test, HiPOT test and Vision test are often used. Then DSE is making a PCBA Test it is always customized and delivered as a Turnkey solution.
Need more information? Contact sales here