Invisio Communications: Design for test
Invisio Communications partnered with DSE to develop a more generic test concept for their products.
DSE to design a generic test concept for Invisio
With a strategy of continued focus on a broader product portfolio, Invisio partnered with DSE to design a new generic test concept.
The focus areas are:
- High quality
- A modular and scalable test solution based on standard available components
- Invisio must be in control of all processes
Design for test
A typical process, ”design for test,” was made to optimize the production cost and test coverage. The process involved R&D, Test- and production departments, and external suppliers. The PCB design was also considered/optimized for the production test. DSE made a design presentation of an ”Invisio standard” test platform for test software, instrumentation, and fixtures. Invisio reviewed the design and the optimal solution.
Anders Thomsen, Test Design Engineer at Invisio, says:
Our strategy is to use a generic designed test platform with a high degree of re-use of test software and instrumentation. We ensured Invisio a high degree of flexibility and a short time-to-market for new models.
Complete turnkey test solution
Based on Invisio test specifications, we made design suggestions for a generic hardware/software test platform, incl.:
- Functional PCBA test, End test
- Test and measurement, Instrumentation
- Programming of DUT during test
- Boundary Scan test
- Fixture and easy change between product lines
- Test software with a graphic user Interface for the operator, specific test sequences, instrument drives, and traceability
- Test data management
Invio received a read-to-use test system, incl. the CE certificate
The internal product development process and project management for a new test system are often very dynamic due to the development processes and complexity.
With in-house engineering and workshops, we can be agile and support Invisio in this dynamic process.
- Designed for test.
- Generic modular test platform based on standard elements.
- Scalable solution for future products or expanding/changes of the test specifications.
- Optimal use/reuse of test equipment for multiple products.
Download the case here