A Turnkey Moisture Solution
The main contractor for the straw handling system, C&H System chose DSE to deliver the well known DSE4100 Moisture Meters for the Sleaford Renewable Energy project, aswell as doing the installation on the yokes and also the onsite run-in and verification.
Turn key set up of The DSE moisture measuring system
Sleaford Renewable Energy plant is a large biomass-fired power plant located in North Lincolnshire, England. The biomass is preferably straw, typically supplied by local straw vendors.
As the main contractor for the straw handling system, C&H System chose DSE as supplier of the well known DSE4100 moisture meters for cranes.
In order to take advantage of DSE’s experience of moisture testing, C&H System asked DSE to make a turnkey setup of the moisture measuring system offering not only the sensors, but also installation on the yokes and onsite run-in and verification.
Having a moisture division at DSE with a full workshop of dedicated mechanical and electrical fitters, it was easy to assign a team to do the installations and verifications.
Overview of the installation
The 4 yokes were built at BSV Krantilbehør in Vejen, Denmark, where the DSE installation team installed 18 sensors on each yoke, including:
- Installation of connection boxes
- Installation of moisture meters on grippers
- Installation of cable chains between movable and immovable part of the clamp
- Installation of cables between moisture meters and distribution boxes. Cables placed in protective flexible tubes
- Installation of communication cable and power cables between distribution boxes
- Individual addressing of each moisture meter cable
- Installation of cable clamps to secure the protection flexible hoses
- Test of all connections.
Communication via straw barn wireless LAN
The control software was installed on the central windows server, communicating with the moisture system via a straw barn wireless LAN, using a Moxa NPort 5230A to create the local RS485 on the yoke.
Run-in and verification on site
After the yokes was installed in Sleaford, the DSE specialists went onsite to run-in the installation, Verification of all the sensors by the use of verifications plates was completed, ending up making a verification report as documentation to the customer to verify that the system is measuring correctly.
Download the case here